This article showcases the updated layout, new features, and enhanced functionality of the contact profiles. Our updated profiles are broken into four key sections, and this article will be separated and organized accordingly.
Getting started with our new contact profiles, you will notice basic contact information located in the same upper left-hand corner of the profile, but now featuring high-level tags like whether a donor is a recurring donor or not.
The Overview tab, the default selection when entering a contact profile, is a bird’s eye view of your contact, including your donor’s lifecycle analytics. You can now see things like Retention and Upgrade information based on your donor's giving patterns. If a donor is not Upgraded, the far right block will be highlighted in grey.
Similar to what your organization's Dashboard offers for your donor base as a whole, a contact profile gives you analytics about the donor’s lifecycle for an individual contact. Here’s how Kindful is populating each of these analytics:
- Lifetime contribution: The total dollar amount that a contact has given in the form of transactions, non-cash gifts, and soft credits.
- Lifetime Household Transactions: The total dollar amount of the transactions that the contact’s entire household has made. If this contact is in a household relationship with other contacts, "Lifetime Household Transactions" includes transactions made by all household members.
- Contact Added to Kindful: The date the contact was first added to Kindful, either by an import, via an integration, or by adding them manually. During a contact merge, the oldest join date is preserved here.
- First Contribution: The dollar amount and date of the first transaction, non-cash gift, or soft credit made by a contact.
- Contributions in the Last 12 Months: The total dollar amount of the contact’s transactions, non-cash gifts, or soft credits over the last 12 calendar months, plus the count of those contributions.
- Most Recent Contribution: The dollar amount and date of the most recent transaction, non-cash gift, or soft credit.
- If a contact has upgraded, it means their total transactions, non-cash gifts, and soft credits for the last 12 calendar months add up to more than in the 12-month period previous to that.
Transactions Year Over Year
- This graph gives you a quick comparison of how a contact’s total transactions have changed in the past 3 years. This graph targets the calendar year, and is specifically using transactions, rather than contributions, when calculating year over year statistics.
Hone in on Contribution highlights from This Fiscal Year, Last Fiscal Year, and Lifetime.
You will notice as you scroll down the profile familiar sections, along with some new and enhanced ones. Tasks are now front and center along with a new Campaigns Supported widget block.
The Profile tab will allow you to update all of the contact fields you want to track from name to email address to mailing address and more. Additionally, all Communication Preferences, Relationships, Groups, Notes, Files and more can be managed here. The navigation bar moves logically from the right-hand side of the page to the left-hand side.
Use the Personal and Contact Info sections to update the name and address information of the contact, add or edit contact custom fields, mark a contact as Deceased or Archived, and convert a contact to an Organization or a Person.
While you are moving through profiles making changes, Kindful will let you know that the changes you are making need to be saved.
Easily update a contact's communication Preferences by clicking a box and setting preferred methods from a dropdown selector.
Viewing, adding, and updating Related Contacts, Groups, Notes, and Files* is easy now with simple + buttons as well as enhanced views of existing selections.
*When Adding a file to a contact profile, you now have the ability to name the file. The name of the file will display below the File Type selected. If you have multiple file types that are the same general type, we recommend choosing Other and labeling your files appropriately and individually. See an example in the image below of the Photo's file name.
If you have Wealth Insights enabled on your account, you will see it in the Profile list view.
Payment Info Tab
The Payment Info tab will allow you to update and manage everything in relation to the Contributions coming into your Kindful account. Add and manage new Payment Methods, Recurring Transactions, and Pledges. When a donor gives to your organization using one of Kindful’s online giving tools, the credit/debit card or bank account they used for giving is automatically stored as a payment method. Note the Charge button on a Contact profile now lives within its corresponding payment method block.
We have simplified the management of recurring transactions. Changing the assigned billing profile for a recurring transaction is now tied to the specific recurrence as opposed to the billing profile.
Review changes made to your contacts on the History page. You can view who (or what integration) made the change, what field was updated, a time stamp, and you can Expand the details on the right-hand side of the page to view exactly what changed.
Still have questions?
Feel free to send our support team an email, or you can call the phone number found in the lower left hand corner of your Kindful Admin account to speak to a team member.