Kindful Payments is a payment gateway and the simplest way to start fundraising online with Kindful. Read more to learn about the function and its benefits.
What is Kindful Payments?
It eliminates the hassle of setting up a third-party payment provider or merchant account and having to enter the credentials into Kindful. Kindful Payments comes fully integrated with your Kindful account and includes a wide variety of functions that let you manage your entire organization and financials in one place.
In addition to seamless integration with Kindful, Kindful Payments offers a number of unique features and benefits, including:
- Accept Payments Online. Accept one time and recurring credit card and debit card payments.
- Accept ACH Donations. That's right, Kindful Payments supports donations made with Bank Account & Routing numbers! Accept bank account payments without the hassle of micro-deposits. There is no need to verify an account before the donation is processed with Kindful Payments.
- Automatic Card Updater. We know how valuable recurring donations are for your organization, so we include this feature at no additional cost. Powered by the providers' networks themselves (e.g. Visa and MasterCard), when you add a new donor with Kindful Payments, the donor's "saved payment method details can continue to work even if the physical card has been replaced by the issuing bank. Stripe works with card networks and automatically attempts to update saved card details whenever a customer receives a new card (e.g. replacing an expired card or one that was reported lost or stolen)." Read more here.
- Rolling 2-day deposits. There’s no need to wait weeks or even months for deposits to hit your bank account. After an initial waiting period, deposits are made to your bank account daily, on a two day delay.
Kindful Payments transfers funds to your bank account depending on your pay period. New Kindful Payments customers receive a seven-day probationary payout period, assuming Kindful Payments remains connected for that same period.
After the first successful payout, the nonprofit is authorized for 2-business-day rolling payouts if there is no fraudulent activity
Note: You will not receive funds if your payout balance is below $1.
- Simple, straightforward pricing. Kindful Payments comes at no additional cost with existing Kindful plans. Kindful Payments customers will pay 2.9% + $0.30 per successful transaction for credit and debit card transactions. Kindful Payments customers will pay 1% + $0.30 per successful transaction for ACH transactions.
- Unlike other payment solutions, Kindful Payments charges no additional fees for accepting American Express or international credit cards, and no fees for included PCI Compliance protections.
- Instant setup and approval. New nonprofits gain immediate access to Kindful Payments so fundraising can begin immediately. Since fundraising professionals don’t have to sign up for a separate gateway or merchant account to use Kindful Payments, you can sign up for Kindful and be fundraising online in minutes.
- Real-time payment tracking. Payment information will be available within Kindful in real time.
- Fully integrated. Payments will sync with their corresponding bank deposits, easily viewable in Kindful. This view makes it easier than ever for nonprofits to understand how much they’ve been paid for individual transactions.
- Chargeback recovery. Kindful Payments gives nonprofits the best chance of winning chargeback disputes and recovering lost donations. For any chargebacks received, Kindful automatically notifies them of the disputed charge’s donor and transaction details.
Built on modern, trusted technology
Kindful Payments leverages Stripe technology, trusted by thousands of businesses to accept payments online, and can be enabled with just two clicks in existing Kindful accounts. The revolutionary new payment system will be initially available only to Kindful accounts in the US.
Still have questions?
Feel free to send our support team an email, or you can call the phone number found in the lower left hand corner of your Kindful Admin account to speak to a team member.