Do you have a csv or xls file of transactions from a third-party system that you need to append to existing contact records in Kindful? If so, you can use Zapier and Google Sheets to do so.
Part 1: Get Access to Kindful's Zapier App
Part 2: Add our Zapier Template Spreadsheet Google Drive
Part 3: Create the Zap in Zapier
1. Select Google Sheet from the Trigger App list. If it is not already listed, search for it with the search bar.
2. Choose which Google Sheets trigger you would like to use. For this demonstration, we chose Updated Spreadsheet Row.
3. Connect to your Google account. A login window might appear.
4. Choose which spreadsheet and worksheet you would like to use. You can also decide if you would like to set the trigger to activate on a single or any column in the spreadsheet.
5. Click "Fetch and Continue". This will test the connection between Zapier and your Google Sheet.
6. If successful, click "Continue".
7. Choose Kindful as your Action app.
Note: If Kindful doesn't appear in your list of Action Apps, click this link to obtain access:
8. Select the action you would like Zapier to perform in Kindful when triggered. For this demonstration, we selected "Create Person Contact with Transaction".
9. Connect to your Kindful account. A login window might appear. Sign in and click "Save + Continue".
11. After mapping required and desired fields, Zapier will review the mapping and test the connection by sending over one row of data to Kindful.
Part 4: Add your data to the Zapier Template Spreadsheet in Google Drive
Now that you have successfully connected your Google Sheet document to Kindful, you will be able to add contacts (person or organization) and transaction and they will be appended to your Kindful account. In order to add a transaction to an existing contact, you will need to match by EMAIL, FIRST NAME, and LAST NAME. You are not able to update a previously imported transaction via Google Sheets.
Things to Note:
Have more questions? Submit a request