Do you need to update contact records in Kindful in bulk (beyond what you can do using the Contact Bulk Edit feature)? If so, you can use Zapier and Google Sheets to update many of your Kindful contact records at once.
- Zapier: Creating a Kindful Zap
- How to Append Contacts with Transactions via Zapier & Google Sheets
Part 1: Get Access to Kindful's Zapier App
- If you haven't done so already, read the Intro article which explains Zapier, and how to sign up.
- If you haven't done so already, click the link to accept an invitation to the private Kindful App.
Part 2: Add our Zapier Template Spreadsheet Google Drive
- Sign in to your Google Drive account. If you don't already have one, you'll need to create one here.
- Click here to view the Kindful Zapier Templates. This is a Google Sheets file on Google Drive.
- Make your own Copy of the Kindful Zapier Template so that you can use it
- Click File -> Make a Copy
Part 3: Create the Zap in Zapier
1. Select Google Sheet from the Trigger App list. If it is not already listed, search for it with the search bar.
2. Choose which Google Sheets trigger you would like to use. For this demonstration, we chose Updated Spreadsheet Row.
Things to Note:
3. Connect to your Google account. A login window might appear.
4. Choose your copy of the Kindful Zapier Templates that you just created in Part 2 (above) and choose the worksheet you would like to use based upon what type of data you want to import into Kindful. You can also decide if you would like to set the trigger to activate on a single or any column in the spreadsheet.
5. Click "Fetch and Continue". This will test the connection between Zapier and your Google Sheet.10. This is where you map the column headers from the template to the Kindful fields.
6. If successful, click "Continue".
7. Choose Kindful as your Action app.
Note: If Kindful doesn't appear in your list of Action Apps, click this link to obtain access:
8. Select the action you would like Zapier to perform in Kindful when triggered. For this demonstration, we selected "Create Person Contact".
9. Connect to your Kindful account. A login window might appear. Sign in and click "Save + Continue".
11. After mapping required and desired fields, Zapier will review the mapping and test the connection by sending over one row of data to Kindful.
Part 4: Add your data to the Zapier Template Spreadsheet in Google Drive
Now that you have successfully connected your Google Sheet document to Kindful, you will be able to add contacts (person or organization) and they will be appended to your Kindful account. In order to update an existing contact, you will need to exactly match the EMAIL, FIRST NAME, and LAST NAME.
Things to Note:
- If the EMAIL, FIRST NAME, and LAST NAME fields do not match the desired contact, a new contact will be created.
- Zapier will, by default, run the Zap every 5 or 15 minutes (depending on which Zapier tier you are on), however, you are able to manually run the zap by clicking on it on the Zapier dashboard and choosing "Run".