Learn more about how you can import Contacts and Transactions into Kindful from many popular tools using Zapier.
What is Zapier?
Zapier (rhymes with happier) empowers you to connect Kindful with the other apps you use to run your business.
Zapier thinks about software integrations in terms of “Triggers” and “Actions.” Activity in one app triggers a resulting action in another app, without you needing to do any work.
Connecting two apps together is called making a “Zap.” Zapier lives in the middle, monitoring your triggers and initiating actions in whatever workflow you establish. You can sign up for a free Zapier account at www.zapier.com.
- Use Constant Contact to create a Kindful Contact
- Use MailChimp to create a Kindful Contact
- New Twitter follower triggers Create a new Kindful Contact
- New Email + Label triggers Create a new Kindful Contact
- Use WooCommerce to create a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Shopify to create a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Squarespace to create a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Wufoo entries to create a Kindful Contact
- Use Wufoo entries to create a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Google Forms to a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Google Forms to a Kindful Contact
- Use Type Forms to a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Type Forms to a Kindful Contact
- Use Gravity Forms to a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use Gravity Forms to a Kindful Contact
- Use FormStack to a Kindful Transaction with Contact
- Use FormStack to a Kindful Contact
Adding the Kindful App to Your Zapier Account
Once your new account is ready, you will not be able to search or browse for Kindful’s logo in the Zapier Zapbook/App Directory (yet). Instead, you must add the app to your Zapier account via a special invitation link, which is:
Copy and paste this invite-only link into the same browser window where you are already logged into Zapier. You will see an invitation page that looks like the video below:
NOTE: This video is looping repeatedly. Watch for the screen to go black to know that the video has looped back to the beginning.
As the video shows, press the orange “Accept Invite & Go to Dashboard” button to add the invite-only app to your Zapier account.
Using the Kindful App in Zapier
1. Make a Zap
To begin the process of using the Kindful Zapier App, look for the “Make a Zap” button on the top of the Zapier website:
Zapier prides itself on providing a very intuitive and easy interface for new users to build integrations. Each small step is fully explained in the Zap Editor, and Zapier requires every Zap to be built slowly, step-by-step.
2. Connect a Trigger App
You are first asked to “Choose a Trigger App.” There is one aspect of the process that can be confusing to new users, so we will explain this thoroughly. As explained at the beginning of this tutorial, Zapier is organized into Triggers, Searches, and Actions.
At the moment, Kindful’s invite-only app only includes Actions. This means that at the beginning of the “Make a Zap” process, you will not be able to search for the Kindful app. We would need to come up with and appropriate Trigger first. For example, Google Contacts would make for a good Trigger app, as would a form submission via Wufoo or Salesforce.
Choose your Trigger App by either using the search bar or choosing from popular apps.
3. Connect to Kindful's Action App
Once the Trigger is set up you can set up an Action with Kindful. When you attempt to search for the new app inside the Zap Builder, be sure to search for the words Kindful.
Here is a short looping video that shows the second part of the “Make a Zap!” process which is finding the Kindful app in the search box:
NOTE: This video loops repeatedly. Watch for the screen to go black to know that the video has looped back to the beginning.
What else can I do?
Here are some example Kindful Zaps that you could create as an test:
- New Contacts in Google Sheets triggers Updated Contact in Kindful
- New Transactions in Google Sheets triggers New Transaction appended to a contact in Kindful
- New Lead in Salesforce triggers Create or Update Organization Contact in Kindful
- New Office 365 Contact triggers Create or Update Person Contact in Kindful
- New payment via Paypal triggers a Create Transaction for Person Contact Trainee in Kindful.
Once you get into the Zapier “Triggers, Searches, and Actions” mindset, you’ll come up with all sorts of new ways to make the Kindful app useful to your team.
Questions about how to use Zapier further?
Check out these handy tutorials: