Why a contact may not sync
- The contact doesn't have all the required fields filled out (First name, Last name, email address).
- The contact has opted out of mailings. (Check the details on Contact record in Kindful and/or in MailChimp)
- The contact is in a MailChimp list that is not mapped to Kindful. Go to Settings > Integrations > MailChimp > "Edit Configuration" to resolve.
- The integration was not setup properly. Go to Settings > Integrations > MailChimp > to resolve.
- The integration was not mapped properly. Go to Settings > Integrations > MailChimp > "Edit Configuration" to resolve.
Why a Kindful Group may not sync
The group existed before the integration was setup. You will need to add a contact to the group to kick off the sync.
Why a custom field may not sync
The custom field was added after the initial mapping. You will need to remap the integration to include the newly added custom field to the syncing.
Go to Settings > Integrations > MailChimp > "Edit Configuration" to resolve.
See the status of your integration and syncs
If you go to Settings > Integrations > MailChimp > "Edit Configuration", you will find your MailChimp Lists with the Contact Count, Newest Member, and the Added date and time of that member.
Find out what will sync / what is synced with MailChimp
When you view your groups by clicking on the "Groups" nav button on the left menu, you will see a green "Refresh from MailChimp" button next to the groups that are currently connected with MailChimp. To add additional groups to the sync, simply add or remove a contact from the group you want to sync.
Number of contacts in Kindful Group doesn't match MailChimp Segment
- Not all of your contacts have email addresses.
- Not all of your contacts have First or Last names.
- You might have 2 or more contacts with the same email address. MailChimp will only import one of the contacts.
To see how many of your contacts in a given group are solicitable, navigate to the Groups page and hover your cursor over the number in the People column. It will say “[x] Email Solicitable”.
See a Kindful Group in MailChimp
If you go to “Lists” from the top navigation menu, choose one of your lists, click on the drop-down menu labeled “Manage Subscribers”, then select “Segments”, you will see all of your synced Kindful groups listed there.
See a MailChimp Segment in Kindful
It will appear on the Groups page in Kindful. In order to get the segment to sync to Kindful, it must be set as a “static” segment by unchecking the “Auto-update” box in the Save Segment dialogue box that appears when creating a new segment.