You can set up thank you letters for your Pledges by using the Acknowledgements feature.
We recommend doing the whole process in this order.
First step: Create your Snailer Template.
- Click Settings
- Click Snailer Templates
- Create a New Template
- Set up your new template and ensure the Snailer Type is set to Acknowledgement (it can then be either Emailed or Printed when setup in the Acknowledgements function).
- Write your letter as you want, and you must make sure you use the Pledge Info For Receipt tag to pull in the pledge values. This will pull in a receipt block indicating the amount pledged. Use text above/below the tag to make the letter feel more personalized if you want.
Second Step: Set up your Acknowledgement Filter
- Go to Tools.
- Click Acknowledgements and create a New Acknowledgement
- Title your Acknowledgement
- Choose Snailer if you want to print it or choose Email if want to email it out (do note that for someone to be able to receive a letter, they MUST have a complete address on file and be set to Allow Solicitation in Communication Preferences and must NOT be marked as Deceased).
- Next, select the template this is tied to (what you created up in the First Step)
- Click in the Current View Filter bar, and add the filter of Activity Type: Pledge
Third Step: Enter in the Pledges
- Using the + Add New button in the top left corner of Kindful, add new Pledges to your contacts
- These will then populate your Acknowledgements queue.
- Once you are done entering these, move on to the fourth step
*If you have already entered the pledges, you will need to use the Historical Date Picker (see STEP 6) after the next step of Generating your Acknowledgement to pull these back into the queue.
Fourth Step: Generate your Acknowledgement
- Click on Settings
- Click on Acknowledgements and locate this Acknowledgement. You should now see a number indicated next to this acknowledgement showing the same number of entries you made. Of note, if you have multiple pledges for the same contact, those will be consolidated. The Action Needed column is for how many unique contacts are in this queue, not individual transactions themselves. A contact with multiple matching transactions will have their letters display this.
- Click the Action of Send to Email or Send to Snailer (for print)
Here is a preview of what you will see in your letters.