Read on to learn how to give your donors the option to pay towards the processing fees that help account for the credit card transaction fees on your Kindful-hosted donation pages. These additional donation amounts will help to offset fee recovery for your donations. See the article below to do this on Donation Plugins.
Of Note: Kindful hosted donation pages (and campaign donation pages) have a singular setting. If you are using Donation Plugins or Kindful Events, each unique plugin/event can have its own transaction fee amount to be covered set.
If you would like to give your donors the option to cover transaction fees associated with online giving, look no further than your Kindful Settings.
- Go to Settings > Fundraising Settings > Transaction Settings
- Under the "General" heading (at the top of the page) you will find an area that allows you to enter the percentage you wish for donors to cover, should they elect to do so. You can choose to check the box so that the option to "cover processing fee" is checked by default on all donation pages.
Removing the option or suggestion to cover fees:
If you no longer wish your donors to cover the fees or be asked if they want to cover fees simply uncheck the box that says "I would like the "cover processing fee" option to be checked by default AND in the text box above change the percentage to 0% by typing "0.0", then hit "update settings". If you uncheck the box only, that will make it so they are no longer selecting cover the fees by default but it will not remove the option fully.
If you have any questions about calculating your fees from your merchant gateway, see below:
- Bloomerang Payments has a processing rate of 2.9% + $.30 per successful credit card transaction. Bloomerang Payments also supports ACH transactions, with a processing rate of 1% + $.30 per successful transaction.
- Stripe's standard pricing is 2.9% + $.30 per successful credit card transaction.
- Authorize.Net's standard pricing is 2.9% + $.30 per successful credit card transaction. ACH is supported by Authorize.net at a lower rate.
- PayPal's percentages depend on the type of account you have with them. Please see your PayPal account for details on this. Their standard rates are 2.9% + $.30 per successful transaction.
When donors elect to contribute the transaction fee in addition to the original donation amount, you are charged the transaction fee on the combination of those two amounts. For example, someone donates $50 and agrees to cover the $1.45, the transaction fee will be based upon the full $51.45 that was processed.
Additionally, the entire gross amount (original donation + fee) is tax deductible for the donor.