Having trouble with your QuickBooks integration? Not sure why your data is not in sync?
Help when "nothing is syncing"
- Have you connected QuickBooks and Kindful yet?
- Is your QuickBooks Desktop machine on and connected to the internet?
- Is QuickBooks Desktop running?
- Does the user who connected QuickBooks Desktop and Kindful still have access to both QuickBooks Desktop and Kindful? In otherwords, if you deleted or inactivated this user, or if their password or permissions have changed in QuickBooks, the QuickBooks machine, or in Kindful, this could prevent the sync from working. Try disconnecting and reconnecting to your QuickBooks account from within Kindful.
- Did you follow these instructions for "how to kick off a sync"?
- How long did you wait for the sync to take place? It is possible for a full sync to take a few hours to finish.
Help when some data is syncing, but not all data:
- If you recently connected, and are missing certain transactions or contacts, wait for one more sync process to finish running. It is possible it could take multiple syncs for all of the data to sync.
- Is it a Contact that isn't syncing?
- Note that only Kindful Contacts with an associated Transaction will be imported into QuickBooks. Contacts without Transactions will not be imported into QuickBooks via the sync process.
- If you've deleted the associated Customer record in QuickBooks, this could prevent updates to the contact from syncing.
- Did you merge 2 customer records in QuickBooks? This could cause issues as our ability to "see" what happens in QuickBooks is limited. Please merge Contacts inside of Kindful.
- Is it a Transaction that isn't syncing?
- For a Kindful transaction to sync into QuickBooks, it needs to have a Designation. Transactions without a Designation will NOT sync into QuickBooks. A quick way to ensure all of your Kindful transactions have Designations is to set a Default Designation for each of your Kindful Campaigns. Do this in Settings > Campaigns. Find more info here.
- If you've deleted or merged the associated Customer record in QuickBooks, this could prevent updates to the contact from syncing.
- If you've deleted the associated Account, Class, or Item in QuickBooks, this would prevent the transaction from syncing from Kindful to QuickBooks.
- Remember Kindful only supports Sales Receipts, not Invoices and Payments. Invoices and Payments will not sync into Kindful.
- Is your Sales Receipt "locked" in QuickBooks? If so, we will not be able to update it with changes from Kindful. QuickBooks "locks" sales receipts under certain conditions - such as when a deposit has cleared.
- Have you deleted Customer records in QuickBooks? The QuickBooks API does not inform us when a Customer has been deleted. If you've deleted one or more Customer records in QuickBooks, and they were linked to a Contact record in Kindful with a transaction, we would not be able to sync this data due to the "missing" Customer record in QuickBooks. If you've run into this scenario, please contact support. The best practice is to only archive Contact records in Kindful (don't delete Customers in QuickBooks.)
- Did your QuickBooks Settings in Kindful "Sync Type" field automatically changed from "Two-way" to "One-way"? This is a safety measure that Kindful performs when we receive an error message from your QuickBooks account in order to ensure integrity of your data. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can evaluate your specific error, handle it, and turn the Two-way sync back on.
- Check your QuickBooks Settings Date Fields in Kindful. Data that falls outside of this date range will not sync.
- Did you edit any of your taxable item codes in QuickBooks? This could prevent data from syncing.
Discovering the sync status in Kindful:
In Kindful, you can explore the status of your data an integration using the QuickBooks Basic Search filters in the Contacts and Activities pages.
For example, you can filter for Transactions without a Designation. None of those transactions will sync into QuickBooks without a Designation. So from here you can take action (such as manually assigning a Designation, or by ensuring that all of your Campaigns have a Default Designation.
Error when Moving QuickBooks Desktop to another Machine
When moving your QuickBooks Desktop to another machine, if you encounter a "Duplicate Owner_id / Duplicate File_id" Error message, please write into email@example.com and let us know the error you are seeing so that we can provide you with a new QWC file.
If you have trouble adding the application during setup, go here.
Not using sales receipts as mentioned above, but still need to get your QuickBooks information into Kindful? Click here. Please note, having our team import this historical data will incur a fee.
Still have questions?
Feel free to send our support team an email, or you can call the phone number found in the lower left hand corner of your Kindful Admin account to speak to a team member.