This article describes the process of connecting PayPal as your payment gateway.
Connecting to PayPal will allow your donors to use their own PayPal accounts to donate to your organization.
*Of note, PayPal is only a supported payment gateway for organizations in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, and Sweden.
Connecting to PayPal
Log in to Kindful and select Settings on the left sidebar. Click on Fundraising Settings and then click Gateways. On this page, scroll down and you'll see the Sign Up & Connect button under the PayPal logo.
You’ll be redirected to PayPal. Log in or create a PayPal Business account.
Follow the prompts to either create an account or give permission for Kindful to access PayPal.
After creating or signing into an account, return to PayPal.com and choose Profile, Profile and Settings in the top right corner.
Add the URL in your PayPal Profile for Instant Payment Notification:
- Click Settings.
- Click Notifications under "Profile" on the left of the page.
- Click Update beside "Instant payment notifications."
- Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener's URL and activate the listener.
- Under Notification URL, enter the URL for your listener. This is found in your Gateway Settings within your Kindful account by clicking on Settings on the PayPal card.
- Click Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
- Click Save.
|Note: If you use PayPal as your only payment gateway in Kindful, you will not be able to add a donor’s billing information directly into the system. For example, if you wanted to set up a donation/recurring donation directly from a donor’s profile, PayPal wouldn’t supply you with that donor’s payment information (credit card number). You would need to connect Kindful Payments, Stripe, or Authorize.net for this functionality.|
Still have questions?
Feel free to send our support team an email, or you can call the phone number found in the lower left hand corner of your Kindful Admin account to speak to a team member.