Campaign: An organized effort to raise money for a specific purpose. Campaigns are specific projects that flow into more general funds. This is the way to track where your money is coming from and where it is going. Here are the steps to create one in Kindful-
1. From the Settings page in your Kindful admin user, click "Campaigns" from left side menu.
2. To add a new Campaign, click the "add a new campaign" button in the upper left corner of the page. To edit an existing Campaign, click pen and paper icon to the immediate left of the Campaign name.
3. Fill out the various pieces of information about the Campaign. There are many customizations available on this page. Required entires are noted with an asterisk (*) in the user interface. See screen shot below to match selected key fields with their explanation.
A. Enter the name of the Campaign here.
B. Enter a shortened name for your Campaign that will appear in charts and other visualizations (pie charts, graphs, etc.)
C. Select the Fund (A classification system for categorizing donations and other monies coming into a donor database. Funds are a general allocation made more specific through Campaigns.) for the Campaign's money to flow into.
D. Enter description of this Campaign for clarification (if needed).
E. These are suggested transaction amounts that appear on your donation landing page. There can be up to four, and they must be whole-number amounts.
F. Select a Snailer Template that will be sent automatically to a donor that gives online to this Campaign. The selected template can also be printed or emailed for a manually entered transaction by going to the Activities page, finding the transaction, and clicking the "print receipt" or "email receipt" buttons. If you need help creating a Snailer Template, click here. If no template is selected, online donors will receive a standard emailed receipt with all necessary tax information about the transaction.
G. If the donor initiates a recurring transaction, this is the emailed receipt they will receive for the first successful recurrence. If you do not select a template, it will fall back on the default selected for the Campaign.
H. If the donor initiates a recurring transaction, this is the emailed receipt they will receive for every subsequent successful recurrence. If you do not select a template, it will fall back on the default selected for the Recurring Transaction Receipt Email.
I. You can set a goal amount for the Campaign and choose whether or not that goal is displayed on the Campaign-only page (direct link to this available in upper right corner of the page after Campaign has been created).
J. This option allows you to make the Campaign you are editing/creating a sub-campaign of another existing Campaign. The drop down here allows you to select which existing Campaign should house the sub-campaign you are creating.
- Visible to public- sets the Campaign to being visible on your donor-facing landing pages.
- Enable transactions for sub-campaigns only- if checked, contacts can only donate to sub-campaigns and overrides Campaign's visibility to always be hidden.
- Enable Campaign api access- allows api access for developers to use certain pieces of information about the Campaign on other sites.
- Disable transaction success emails- turns off automatic receipting to donors giving online.
- Show custom donate link to users for this Campaign- for use only if using an external custom cart page (you would know if you were using this). If you have additional questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the help button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Disable transaction failure emails- if checked, donors would not be notified of a failed transaction.
L. Splash Image allows you to upload an image to use on the Campaign-only donation landing page. The box below can be checked to make the image take up the entire page as a background.
M. This is the image displayed on the Campaign landing page if you choose not to use the splash image as the Campaign background.
N. External id1 and 2. This is where additional legacy system information would live if you imported Campaigns from a previous system.
O. Theme Color- this affects your Campaign-only landing and checkout page's color theme.
P. You can setup online pledge forms for your donors to setup pledges that automate into your system. This is a great idea for special events/galas or end of year planning. Email us at email@example.com to find out more about setting these up.
Q. You can set this amount for each transaction entered to this Campaign to be preset with said amount being non-tax deductible. You can override this on each transaction entered, however, to accommodate for varying amounts.
NOTE: If you need help with Campaign custom fields (located at the bottom of the Campaign settings), click here.
If you need to remove, archive, or delete a campaign, all you need to do is go to the bottom of the Campaign edit page, and click the Archive button. This will remove the Campaign from all future use in the system, but not remove any transactions associated with it formerly (for reporting purposes).