Use Soft Credits to track donations that are made to your organization by an entity (eg United Way), and the total of the donation is made up by other entities. For example, let's say you receive a $1,000 donation from the United Way along with a list of the two donors who made up this entire donation.
Start by making sure ALL contacts are in Kindful (United Way and all of the individual donor as well)
- Go to the + Add New button in the top left.
- Select Transaction
- Enter the transaction to the contact of United Way
- Enter the details of the donation (campaign, date, full amount, etc)
- Then click Give Credit
- You will then be able to itemize out the individual donations to each of the donors that made up the full check from United Way. You can see a remaining balance as you add each persons donation until it adds up to the full amount ($0 remaining)
- Then click the Done button
- Then confirm the original transaction again.
You will then show a transaction to the United Way, with details of the soft credited individuals. Also, on the profiles of the individuals, you will see that they had soft credits (gave through United Way) on their profile.