If you're using Stripe as a processor for items outside of Kindful, and you'd like to see these transactions inside of Kindful, we can enable that for you. Just send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get you sorted out.
What the integration will do:
- Manage online donations (setup and refund) directly from your Kindful account
- Setup new recurring transactions for a donor directly from your Kindful account
- Automatically create new contact profiles and transactions (auto-merge will occur, see more below)
- Automatically sync historical payments captured in your Stripe account
Some things to think about before activating this service ("Stripe Create"):
- By default, connecting Stripe Create will import all of the historical Stripe transactions into Kindful. So if you already manually entered any of those transactions into Kindful, turning on Stripe Create would create duplicate transactions. The way to prevent this is to determine when a safe "Start Date" is, a date after which there are no manually entered Stripe transactions into Kindful. For example, if you manually entered a Stripe transaction into Kindful as late as yesterday, then let us know that your "Start Date" is "Today" in order to prevent duplication.
- As of your "Start Date", all transactions will automatically flow into Kindful (yay!) into a "General" Campaign. If you want to change this, you could manually reassign the campaign for each transaction inside of Kindful.
- Of note, the first time new transactions come in, Stripe Create creates Contact records. This means that you could have duplicate Contact records in Kindful after activating Stripe Create. However, this only has to happen once.
- If you make sure to merge the records (by "email") utilizing the Contact Merge Requests function in "Settings", then Stripe Create will recognize the contact in future syncs, and will not continually create duplicate Contact records.