If you're using Stripe as a processor for charges outside of Kindful, and you'd like to see these transactions inside of Kindful, we can enable that for you.
Email email@example.com, and we will set up the integration feature for your account.
What the integration will do:
- Allows you to manage (set up and refund) online donations directly from your Kindful account
- Automatically pulls in the Stripe recurring transactions into a general campaign in Kindful
- This happens immediately.
- As future Stripe recurring transactions are created (in Stripe), they will be updated in Kindful fairly quickly.
- Automatically creates new contact profiles and transactions (auto-merge will occur, see more below)
- Automatically sync historical payments captured in your Stripe account
- Note: If you don't want to import historical Stripe transactions (maybe because you're trying to prevent duplicates), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers in your Stripe account will be created in Kindful regardless if they have a transaction or not.
Some things to think about before activating this service ("Stripe Create"):
- By default, connecting Stripe Create will import all of the historical Stripe transactions into Kindful. So if you already manually entered any of those transactions into Kindful, turning on Stripe Create would create duplicate transactions. To prevent this is, you must determine when a safe "Start Date" is. A safe "Start Date" is the date after which there are no manually entered Stripe transactions in Kindful. For example, if you manually entered a Stripe transaction into Kindful as late as yesterday, then let us know that your "Start Date" is "Today" in order to prevent duplication.
- As of your "Start Date", all transactions will automatically flow into a "General" campaign hosted by Kindful. If you want to change this, you could manually reassign the campaign for each transaction inside of Kindful (or reassign in bulk using the Bulk Edit feature).
- Of note, the first time new transactions come in, Stripe Create creates contact records. This means that you could have duplicate contact records in Kindful after activating Stripe Create. However, this only has to happen once.
- If you make sure to merge the records (by "email") utilizing the Contact Duplicate Finder function on the Contact Duplicates page (from the dropdown menu in the Contacts & Activities section), then Stripe Create will recognize the contact in future syncs and will not continually create duplicate contact records.