Snailer Templates are used for any mailing, email, receipt, etc., that is sent to your contacts from the Kindful system. Here is how you create them!
1. Head to Settings and click "Snailer Templates" from the left side menu.
2. From there, click Create New Template.
3. You will create a new letter to be emailed out.
- Title It (for your knowledge).
- Enter a subject line (which will appear in the donors email inbox).
- Select a Snailer Type: (Transaction Receipt is used for Emailed Receipts).
- Type your letter. ***Please note, do NOT copy and paste directly from a word processing application (e.g. Microsoft Word). This will bring in unwanted formatting into your generated letters. Please either type your letters into the template editor, or copy your letter from Word and paste it into a plain text editor (NotePad, TextEdit, etc) as doing this will remove the hidden formatting. You can copy and paste this version into your Snailer Template body if desired.***
- Use the Tags from the dropdown option in the upper right section of the the editor. Some examples are Transaction Amount, Transaction Date, Last Gift (for the amount donated - for Printed letters), Last Gift Date (the date of their gift - for printed letters). The tags populate with the corresponding information in the contact's profile.
- Click "create template."