Groups are a way to help you easily flag contacts. It is a nice flag to have because Groups has their own page within Kindful, and filtering for donations by people within a Group from the Activities page, or simply for a list of people in a Group from the Contacts page is an easy filter: In Group: "group_name"
Also, Groups serve a purpose with our integrations with both MailChimp and Emma. The Groups you make in Kindful equate to your Send To lists in Emma (Audience Lists) and in MailChimp (Segments).
Creating a group or adding people to an existing group is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- From the Contacts page, select the contacts with which you would like to start the group.
- Click "Add to Group" from the right side menu.
- To add the selected contacts to an existing group, simply select the existing group. To create a new group with those contacts, select box at the bottom and enter the new group name.
To remove contacts from a group:
- From the Groups page, select the Group which you want to edit
- Click the button to View Members in the upper right hand corner
- Find the contact's profile card, and open it
- Click in the box to Edit Groups
- Remove the group flag on the record
Repeat the process above for multiple contacts