This is the second step in our Quick Start Guide.
Now that you've set up your org's details in Step 1, it's time to get some other hands in the kitchen. Adding users and roles will allow those associated with your nonprofit to access and use Kindful on a regular basis.
Users are any people connected to your organization who will work in your database to manage and communicate with donors. This may include other staff members, volunteers, and board members.
Roles allow you to set specific permissions for different user groups.
Creating a Role
1. Navigate to Settings > Users > Roles.
2. Click New Role. Enter the name of your role in the box labeled *Title, and check the box next to each ability you want users in this Role to access.
3. Click Update User Role when you're finished selecting
- Volunteers: can manage campaigns but don't need to view the giving history of all donors
- Interns: can enter new donations but don't need to refund any transactions
- Board members: can view all data from donations, campaigns, and people, but don't need to manage or edit anything
Inviting admin users
Once you've created all the Roles you need, navigate back to the Users page and click New Admin User. Each new user will receive an email invitation with instructions to set their password.
|Note: Once you've added new admin users, you can specify their Role by clicking the blue Edit button to the right of their name on the Users page.|
Ready for what comes next? Continue on the Quick Start Guide to Step 3: Add a Payment Gateway.