This article explains what Zapier is and why you may want to use it with Kindful. The second half explains how to connect your Kindful account to Zapier.
Zapier (rhymes with "happier") empowers you to connect Kindful with the other apps you use to run your business.
Zapier thinks about software integrations in terms of Triggers and Actions. Activity in one app triggers a resulting action in another app, without you needing to do any work.
Connecting two apps together is called a Zap. Zapier lives in the middle, monitoring your triggers, and initiating actions in whatever workflow you establish. You can sign up for a free Zapier account here.
Example tasks created in Zapier
Create Contacts in Kindful
- Use Constant Contact to create a Kindful Contact
- Use Mailchimp to create a Kindful Contact
- A new Twitter follower can create a new Kindful Contact
- New Email + Label can create a new Kindful Contact
Create Transactions in Kindful
- Use WooCommerce to create a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use Shopify to create a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use Squarespace to create a Kindful transaction with contact
Create Contacts or Transactions in Kindful
- Use Wufoo entries to create a Kindful contact
- Use Wufoo entries to create a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use Google Forms to a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use Google Forms to a Kindful contact
- Use Type Forms to a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use Type Forms to a Kindful contact
- Use Gravity Forms to a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use Gravity Forms to a Kindful contact
- Use FormStack to a Kindful transaction with contact
- Use FormStack to a Kindful contact
Adding Kindful to your Zapier account
Once your new account is ready, you must add Kindful to your Zapier account via a special invitation link, found here.
|Note: At this time, you will not be able to find Kindful from Zapier's app directory. The only way to get the two connected is the above link.|
Copy and paste this invite-only link into the same browser window where you're already logged into Zapier. You will see an invitation page that looks like the video below.
Press Accept Invite & Go To Dashboard to add the Kindful to your Zapier account.
Before using Zapier, it's important to note the following:
On the free Zapier plan, you will be limited by the number of tasks you can execute per month.
On the trial plan, zaps will only run every 15 minutes. If you want them run more often than that, you can manually run a zap.
Does Kindful Both Send and Receive Data?
The Zapier to Kindful relationship is one-way, meaning a third-party app can send data to Kindful via Zapier, but Kindful will not send information to a third-party app. Kindful has an "Action" integration in Zapier. This means that when a Trigger happens in another application (see Zapier's available Apps), an "Action" subsequently happens in Kindful (add or update records) in Kindful. For example, if you are using a form solution to capture signups, that data can automatically load into Kindful via Zapier.