Provide donors with an embedded option to donate directly on your website. Place a donation plugin on your website, allowing donors to remain on your site to make a gift rather than being taken to an external donation page. See the articles below that outline how to embed the plugin directly on your website using one of the following supported platforms.
Step 1: Plugin Settings
To get started, go to Fundraising > Donation Plugins. From there, select New Plugin.
Give your plugin a name (for your internal use) and assign the Campaign you want transactions from this plugin to go to in Kindful. You can always change this later, if needed.
Step 2: Customize Your Button
Now it’s time to customize the way your embedded button will look. Customize the label to include the specific text you want displayed on your button. This could be something simple like 'Give Now' or 'Donate'. This will be seen by your donors on the button itself.
Next, choose an available color or add your own by using a hex code. This code allows you to match your organization's brand colors. You can then choose the size and shape of the button.
You also have the option to upload a background image. This image will be displayed on the donation plugin URL.
Step 3: Customize Your Donation Form
There are lots of ways to customize the way you take donations via the Donation Plugin:
- Logo and Organization Name: You can choose to display your organization's square logo and/or your Organization's Name at the top of the plugin. Both of these are sourced from your General Settings.
- Transaction Amounts (Preset & Custom): You can choose to display up to 3 preset donation amounts for your donors to choose from. Removing the amount from one of the boxes here will remove that amount option altogether. Removing all of these amounts will cause the plugin to default to allowing your donor to enter their own amount.
- Enable One-Time Transactions: If you select this option, it allows your donors to make a one-time gift. If this is unselected, your donors will only be able to make recurring monthly payments.
- Enable Monthly Recurring Transactions: If you select this option, it allows your donors to make monthly recurring donations. If this option is not selected, your donors will only be able to make one-time gifts.
- Covering Processing Fees: If you select the option for donors to cover a transaction fee, an additional percentage of your choosing will be added to their gift automatically.
Step 4: Customize Payment Page
In the next step, you will be able to preview what the donor sees as they are submitting their gift. Select or enter the word you would like to appear as the donor confirms their gift. You can also customize the amount of information you collect from your donor in this step as well.
- Information Collected by Default: The minimum amount of information your donors will need to enter in order to submit their donation is their Credit Card or Bank Account, and their donor type of Individual or Organization. If they are an individual, they will also need to add First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Postal Code. If they are an organization, they will need to add an Organization Name, Organization Email, and Postal Code.
- Collect Address?: Selecting this option means that your donors will be required to enter their Postal Address as well as their Phone Number in order to submit their donation. Of Note: By collecting the Postal Address in the contact capture portion of the donation flow, it will create an experience that asks donors for their postal code twice. The first one is for their address for their contact profile (Collect Address), and the second is for billing verification.
- Email Opt-In?: Enabling this opt-in option will allow your donors to expressly opt-in to your email marketing application if you have one connected. When enabled, this field is not required by your donor in order to submit their donation.
Step 5: Pop-up form: Customize Payment Page
The last step in customizing the plugin pop-up form is to add a message thanking your donors after their payment is completed.
After clicking 'Save' to customize your plugin, you’ll see the code to embed the plugin on your website. Select Embed Button Code to embed the form with overlay functionality on your site, or Embed Form Code to embed the form with no overlay and display it directly on your site. Enter an email address to send the plugin code to someone else, or copy a direct link to the form URL.
Donation Plugin Overview Page
Once you save your Donation Plugin, it will be available for you to view in a list of all your plugins. At a glance, you can see how many total successful transactions have been made via each plugin, to see which ones are performing best. You can even filter for the transactions made via each plugin on your activities page using the filter "By Donation Plugin."
If you are using a platform other than these for your website, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that the plugin will function as expected.